Learning an IR code
To assign an IR code to a VRC button, here you will teach the code to iRed directly from the original RC. Another way to assign codes is to use the inspector and choose an IR action from the archive of actions.
There a several ways to get a IR code learning panel opened:
- if you are editing a VRC please click on "Learn IR Code..." on the unfolded VRC
- or: with an IR code selected on the Inspector window, click "Learn IR Code..." on the edit section at the bottom of the window
- or: use the menu item "Learn IR Code..." from the "Tools" menu
- or simply use the shortcut -L
A panel like this one will appear:
- Enter the name of the original RC, if iRed has'nt done this job already
- After clicking "Learn..." you have 5 seconds to send the infrared code from your RC in direction of the infrared module.
- If iRed has received the signal correctly, a respective message appears on the panel.
- The learned IR code will be assigned to the VRC button, as well as put into the archive.
As a shortcut for Power User it is possible to work around the learning panel. For this to work nicely it is recommended to assign the titles of all buttons of a VRC first. Then open the learning panel once to check the correct name of the RC - this one will be used in the following steps automatically. After this please Shift-Click the "Learn IR-Code..." and the learning starts immediately without showing the learning panel. The description of the IR codes will be taken from the VRC button's titles.
||Last update: April 20, 2006